Senior researcher (Directeur de recherche) at Inria Lille - Nord Europe since september 2009, I am the scientific head of the Mjolnir team and the scientific officer (Délégué scientifique) of the research center.
Before working for Inria, I did a PhD thesis in Computer Science at LRI, I was a post-doctoral researcher at GMD Sankt Augustin and the University of Fribourg, and I was an Associate Professor (Maître de conférences) at Paris-Sud University — and a member of the in|situ| team — for eight years.
My research lies in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. I have published and served as organizing or program committee member in conferences such as ACM CHI, ACM UIST, IHM, ACM CSCW, ECSCW or ACM Multimedia. I have also co-organized four editions of the Forum on Tactile and Gestural Interaction.
Details concerning my background and research activities can be found in my detailed CV (in French).
A few upcoming, present or relatively recent news:
- Co-author of "Can I Think of Something else when Using a BCI? Cognitive Demand of an SSVEP-based BCI", a paper presented at CHI 2017 (May 6-11)
- Speaker at the TECH-LIFE 4.1 event organized by the American Club of Lille (April 8)
- Speaker at the third Journée Interaction Homme-Machine et Intelligence Artificielle organized by AFIHM and AFIA (March 17)
- Co-organizer of an Inria - Industry meeting on "Interaction with digital objects and services" (November 25)
- Co-author of "Designing tactile patterns using programmable friction", a paper presented at IHM 2016 (October 25-28)